- Candidate should be MS (Ortho) and or DNB(Ortho) from recognized University in India
- Be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of India
- Minimum 1 year post MS/DNB experience
- Duration of Fellowship: 3 months (can be extended up to 6 months depending on Fellow interest in Arthroscopy operative & Research work).
- It is Non-Stipendiary self funded fellowship
- Fellow should expect to be in Operating Room from 8.30 am to 12.30 pm – Mon to Fri.
- Arthroscopy OPD hours : Mon. to Fri – 10.30 to 2 pm ( OPTIONAL)
- Evening hours : Mon. To Fri – 3.30 to 5.30 pm – Minor procurers like : PRP therapy, SFRT ( synovial fluid restoration therapy ), shoulder Injections ,Physio & rehabilitation, Pre-operative counseling ,MRI detailed evaluation etc. ( OPTIONAL )
- On non operating day he has to work on research activity going in the Center related to Arthroscopy & Sports injury.
- Need NOC from concerned In charge or HOD, if he is currently attached to any Hospital, Institute or Govt. Medical college.
- He has be punctual in time all the days.
- Need to present two Letters of recommendation from Arthroscopic Surgeon from Hometown or from any IAS ( Indian Arthroscopy Society Member) and one from the orthopedic surgeon of Bhavnagar
- Fellows are expected to present at Local seminars or CME of Bhavnagar Orthopedic Society each meet, interesting case presentations. ( at least two per term )
- At least one Paper /Poster in State meet of Gujarat Orthopedic society or National meet of Indian Orthopedic Society.
- At least one Review article/Technique note in IMA/GSB bulletin or Arthroscopy Journal.
- Fellow will be assigned a research topic during his fellowship tenure, pertaining to Knee & Shoulder Arthroscopy. Several Presentation /Publications are already been published in international peer-reviewed journals over the past decade. Fellow will get opportunity to go though it. Now, we have 10-year follow-up data available, and a robust research support, it is our aim to publish high-quality papers in leading journals.
- Fellow will be expected to produce at least one research project suitable for presentation at an international meeting and subsequent publication
- Journal access: Fellow will be provided access to ISAKOS (International Society of Arthroscopy , Knee surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine ) & AANA – ARTHROSCOPY : JOURNAL OF ARTHROSCOPY & RELALTED SURGERY – with Username & Password to support his research.
- He has to be in touch with past fellows for ongoing research project.
- At completion of Fellowship ‘Letter of Recommendation’ OR ‘Fellowship Certificate’ to support Fellow’s further academic carrier in Field of Arthroscopy at National or International level.
Unique Opportunity @ ‘Deliwala Arthroscopy Fellowship Program’ :
Most of the Arthroscopy Fellowships available in India or Abroad are more like observerships, where junior orthopedic Surgeons as Fellow are observers or at max third or second assistant.
At our exclusive setup, a Fellow is actually involved in the working of hospital and actively participates as a first assistant surgeon rather than mere an observer. This is helped by the fact that there is no junior orthopedic surgeon in the hospital. Only one fellowship positions are available at a time. Hence there is direct surgeon to surgeon learning.
Should E-mail his CV & self signed Consent related to above criteria to : email@example.com
For any query feel free to contact Dr.Ujjval Deliwala – Director & Chief of ‘Deliwala Arthroscopy Fellowship Program’ – on his cell : +91-9825225362 or meet personally.